|Date Posted||February 6, 2020|
|Category|| Engineers |
|Job Type|| Permanent |
We are recruiting on behalf of our industry leading client based in Hereford who require a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer to join them on a full time, permanent basis. The purpose of this role is to provide engineering support within the team and to allocated equipment.
The ideal candidate will be able to work proactively within a team and adapt well to changing environments. You will have previous experience within a heavy manufacturing environment as an effective mechanical maintenance engineer. You will be able to work under your own initiative in pressured situations to ensure the work is completed to the highest possible standard.
This role is offering a competitive basic salary of £30,000 – £40,000, in addition to a generous pension scheme.
Our client is willing to consider candidates who are seeking both shift work and day work.
- Carry out fault diagnosis and provide rapid response to breakdown situations within the maintained areas
- To deputise as stand-in team leader in absence and to co-ordinate job tasks to the team accordingly
- Ensure that safe working conditions are always maintained in conjunction with company 5’s and risk assessment policies both in associated areas and responsible plant equipment
- Ensure efficient communication between you and team leader, including shift handovers and update entries on the inhouse system
- Adopt and pursue a working style that will continually improve and enhance work practices within the areas of responsibility
- Assess and request purchase of spares to ensure minimum downtime of critical plant within the area of responsibility. Also, the control of spares for preventative maintenance, shutdown and improvement tasks.
- Investigate and improve methods of reducing plant downtime and increasing plant efficiencies within the areas of responsibility, using modern improvement techniques/updates
- Undertake engineering planned maintenance activities within the department
- Carry out health and safety improvements within the areas as directed by the engineering supervisor
- Ensure as part of the engineering team that standards of husbandry and housekeeping are of a high standard as specified within the 5’s audit process
- Implement and follow a consultative team-working approach to quickly identify and resolve engineering problems to include ‘designing-out’ of re-occurring issues and continuously looking to improve designs
- Ensure that all engineering plant within the areas are correctly serviced, maintained and calibrated in conjunction with a planned maintenance system
- Oversee the development and skills training of the apprentices allocated to the team
- Be pro-active and responsible in fault finding, problem solving and analysing using skills and technical measuring equipment available
- Be flexible within departments to assist others where extra resource/knowledge may be required
- Minimum: BTEC National Diploma or equivalent in engineering discipline
- Skilled fitter
- Hydraulic and Pneumatic experience including fault finding
- Must have a knowledge and understanding of area assigned plant, its manufacturing environment and good working practices.
- Must have a working knowledge of plant and equipment in their area with good fault-finding skills and analysis
- Basic welding ability
- Able to carry out pipe fitting
- Must be pro-active and receptive to change
- Must have good oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to work as part of a team
- Good motivational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels
- High level of self discipline
If you fulfill the above criteria and would like to know more, please call Rachael or Dawn on 01568 615262.