|Date Posted||February 6, 2020|
|Category|| Engineers |
|Job Type|| Permanent |
We are recruiting on behalf of our industry leading client based in Hereford who require an Electrical Maintenance Engineer to join them on a full time, permanent basis. The purpose of this role is to provide engineering support within the team and to allocated equipment.
The ideal candidate will be able to work proactively within a team and adapt well to changing environments. You will have previous experience within a heavy manufacturing environment as an effective electrical maintenance engineer. You will be able to work under your own initiative in pressured situations to ensure the work is completed to the highest possible standard.
This role is offering a competitive basic salary of £30,000 – £40,000, in addition to a generous pension scheme.
Our client is willing to consider candidates who are seeking both shift work and day work.
- Carry out fault diagnosis and provide rapid response to breakdown situations within the maintained areas
- Be pro-active and responsible in fault finding, problem solving
- Undertake engineering planned maintenance activities within the department
- Ensure that all equipment within the allocated area are correctly serviced (planned maintenance routines), maintained and calibrated in conjunction with the current CMMS
- Electrical installation, lighting, earthing, site distribution systems, transformers, switchgear, fuse and protection systems
- ensure that safe working conditions are always maintained in conjunction with company 5’s and risk assessment policies both in associated areas and responsible plant equipment
- Ensure efficient communication between you and your peers, including shift handovers if required and CMMS entries
- Adopt and pursue a working style that will continually improve and enhance work practices within allocated area
- Assist with the improvement methods of reducing plant/infrastructure downtime and increasing plant efficiencies within the areas of responsibility, using modern improvement techniques/updates
- Carry out health and safety improvements within the areas as directed by the services/maintenance supervisor
- Ensure as part of the team that standards of husbandry and housekeeping are of a high standard as specified within the 5’s audit process
- Assist in the development and skills training of the apprentices allocated to the team
- Be flexible within departments to assist others where extra resource/knowledge may be required
- Minimum: BTEC Higher National Certificate in electrical engineering
- 18th Edition (C&G2382-18) and Inspection and testing C&G2391-52)
- Must have a knowledge and understanding of area assigned plant, its manufacturing environment and good working practices
- Must have a working knowledge of Plant and Equipment in their area with good fault-finding skills and analysis
- Understanding of HV and LV Systems
- Must be pro-active and receptive to change
- Must have good oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of encoders and other field devices
- Understanding of motors and drives
- Served a recognised apprenticeship
- Good motivational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels
- High level of self discipline
If you fulfill the above criteria and would like to know more, please call Rachael or Dawn on 01568 615262.