|Date Posted||November 27, 2020|
|Category|| Accounts |
|Job Type|| Permanent |
We are exclusively recruiting for a talented and hands-on Finance Director to join our Herefordshire client during an exciting period of transformation. Working closely with the Company’s Directors, this role will have overall responsibility for leading the Finance, HR, and IT teams.
To be considered for this vacancy, you will be able to think and act strategically and demonstrate strong commercial awareness with the ability and confidence to drive continuous improvement whilst supporting this fast-paced and growing business.
- Lead the Finance, HR, and IT teams, consisting of 3 direct reports and a large overall team
- Implement and maintain all financial controls and systems, oversee the ongoing development of teams, systems, and processes
- Oversee and manage the preparation of the monthly management accounts, year-end statutory accounts, annual budgets, and ad hoc reporting as necessary for Board meetings and decision making
- Identify, recommend, and implement operational improvements across the business
- Direct the financial and operational planning and strategy, ensuring that the business is primed for growth
- Drive continuous improvement across the business, supporting key personnel and challenging processes or procedures which require reviewing
- Participate in a range of aspects of the HR department
- Promote foresight and planning, whilst simultaneously understanding and acting quickly when problems arise that need to be addressed promptly
- Safeguard the business and its assets through control implementation. Thinking strategically with a balanced commercial yet cautious approach.
- Previous experience within a manufacturing business is essential
- Previous experience within a family run business is essential
- Qualified member of an accountancy body or holder of an equivalent qualification
- Be commercially astute, articulate, technically strong, insightful, and influential
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels
- Strong IT skills, looking to use technology to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making
- High integrity and commitment
A competitive salary of £60,000 – £70,000 per annum, depending on experience, in addition to pension, holidays and healthcare scheme.
Previous applicants need not apply.