|Date Posted||January 9, 2020|
|Category|| General |
|Job Type|| Permanent |
Our client is looking for a country loving Nanny to join their family in the heart of rural Shropshire. They have 3 children; two girls aged almost 4 and 3 and a baby boy, 8 months. The main role of the job will be to care for the children during the weekdays alongside mum.
We are looking for an outdoorsy person with initiative who enjoys a challenge. It is essential for candidates to be experienced with babies and young children as well as animals such as dogs, horses and chickens.
Candidates must be comfortable to work with the mother but also be confident to be in sole charge of all children when occasionally required.
Our client travels to London all together on occasion, and so candidates will be comfortable with sole charge in an urban environment as well as a rural one. Holiday travel will be required, and destinations include Devon, Italy and the Alps.
Duties will include:
- General nursery duties
- Playing with the children – occupying and stimulating the children at home as well as accompanying them to playgroups, swimming, activities and nursery / school runs
- Helping with the dogs
- Running errands
- Light domestic work such as tidying, washing up and cooking for the children and family (we have a regular cleaner)
- Cooking healthy meals
- Previous experience with babies, young children, and animals
- Relevant childcare qualifications
- Driving licence, preferably with own car but a car is provided for nursery duties
Salary: £25,000 – £30,000, depending on experience
Working hours: 40 – 50 hours per week with some flexibility needed as occasional weekend, overnight or evening work will be required (arranged in advance and time off given during the week).
The job can offer live in two-bedroom accommodation with partners considered to follow own profession