|Date Posted||November 11, 2020|
|Category|| Operations |
|Job Type|| Part-time |
We are delighted to be working with a Herefordshire based Charity, who are seeking a Centre Manager on a part time basis, this role would ideally suit someone with well-developed leadership, organisational and administrative skills with the ability to handle a busy, varied workload.
The main purpose of this role is to manage the smooth running of the Hereford City based centre, providing a warm and professional welcome to all tenants and visitors. As the leader of a small team of four, the successful candidate will proactively manage a variety of tasks on a day to day basis including overseeing the Centre general operations, facilities management, finance, staff management, visitor engagement and supervision of reception.
The salary is £25,000 pro rata, and the working hours are 3 hours per day, Monday to Friday, totalling 15 hours per week. Although set at 3 hours per day, our client can be flexible on the working times for this role.
- Maximising the use of the Centre in line with the objectives of the charity
- Overall management of all administrative systems, record keeping and governance processes to aid the effective running of the Centre
- Delivery of systems for day-to-day up-keep of spaces inside and outside
- Oversight of routine planned and preventative maintenance of the building facilities and outdoor space by contractors
- To manage the team, health and safety, and tenancy relationships in accordance with UK business and legal best practice
- Reporting issues to the COO in real time, and to any other agency or institution as required
- Work in partnership with the accountant to ensure that financial records are kept up to date and that QuickBooks software is up to date to aid month end and end of year reporting.
- Manage and motivate the team of receptionists/cleaners
- Promote a welcoming and ‘can do’ positive working culture to help attract and retain new tenants to the Centre
- Deal with any conflict or communications issues promptly, constructively and with diplomacy
- Set KPIs to ensure all new and existing enquiries are dealt with efficiently
- Ability to work calmly under pressure, cope with interruptions and changes, meet set deadlines and pay meticulous attention to detail completing tasks fully, accurately and on time, prioritising where appropriate
- Ability to deal with confidential information or situations in an appropriate and sensitive manner
- Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of written and verbal formats, including telephone, email and in person with a wide range of people
- Basic IT skills including: Word Processing, Spreadsheets, Databases, Quick Books Email and Web.
- Resourceful and able to research, gather and distribute information as necessary
- Willingness to help and support colleagues, thinking beyond the task being given
- G/NVQ in Business Studies or Equivalent and/or GSCE Maths and English grades C